Children’s Development Center Enrollment Process
As a non-public, therapeutic day school the CDC works with Chicago Public Schools District 299 and school districts within the surrounding suburbs to support students who require a level of educational, functional, and therapeutic service beyond what their school districts are able to provide. The enrollment process for the CDC is as follows:
- The home school district’s team, including the student’s parents/guardians, determine that a non-public, therapeutic day school placement is warranted to meet the student’s educational, therapeutic, and/or behavioral needs.
- The home school district sends a referral, including the potential student’s Individualized Education Plan, via email to the CDC Principal and Student Services Coordinator.
- The CDC Principal, Student Services Coordinator, and potential, receiving Special Education Teacher review the referral documentation.
- If considered a potential fit for placement, the Special Education Teacher, along with another CDC staff member, will observe the student at their current school.
- If the student is determined to be a good fit for the CDC, and there is a seat available, the Principal will accept the referral.
- The student is enrolled.