Transitional Jobs Program
In light of COVID-19, this program is temporarily closed. View our homepage for the latest details on reopening.
Our Transitional Jobs Program provides qualified applicants with paid internship placements at the Low Vision Communications Call Center and across other Chicago Lighthouse departments. Internships fall in the areas of call center support, front desk assistance, data entry and related fields.
Over a period of up to nine months, transitional employees are cross-trained to fulfill a variety of responsibilities, including:
- Medical scheduling, answering calls and solving customer service issues
- Providing front desk assistance
- Administering customer satisfaction surveys
- Contacting patients to confirm medical appointments
- Maintaining accurate files and paperwork
For more information: