Forsythe Entrepreneurial Center (FEC)
The Chicago Lighthouse’s Forsythe Entrepreneurial Center empowers adults with vision loss or blindness to thrive in their business ventures through these core elements:
- Business, academic, technology and other training needed to obtain a license to vent on municipal property under the Randolph-Sheppard Business Enterprise Program (BEP).
- Chicago Lighthouse Miami University of Ohio Business Start-up Microcredential
- Accessible Microsoft Excell with screen reader series, to help clients learn business concepts using assistive technology, including Microsoft Excel.
- Founder Series, listen to interviews from five highly successful entrepreneurs, two of whom are blind.
- A competition to provide seed funding for people who are blind or visually impaired to launch their new business. Details will be coming soon.