The Scholarship Program awards scholarships to college and graduate students who are blind, visually impaired and/or disabled. Since its establishment in 2004, our Scholarship Program has supported more than 400 students with significant scholarships to pursue their dreams of college education. Scholarship funding may be used for education-related expenses, including tuition, technology, readers, books, classroom materials, housing, transportation and other educational items approved by the Scholarship Committee.
Application Submission Materials
- Application forms (please send as a separate Microsoft Word attachment)
- Personal essay (please send as a separate Microsoft Word attachment)
- Eye report (this document MUST be mailed)
- Two letters of recommendation (please have the individuals writing the letters of recommendation send it to the scholarship coordinator’s email as a Microsoft Word attachment)
- Financial statement of need (please send as a separate Microsoft Word attachment)
- Official transcripts from the school the applicant is currently attending (this document MUST be mailed)
The 2017-18 application is now available! Download application below.
Please note that in order to receive a scholarship, you must be able to attend the scholarship ceremony that takes place July 2017.
To learn more about additional scholarship opportunities not offered by The Chicago Lighthouse, please visit our Resource Guide.
For more information, please contact: